SAM Academy Program Microsoft Malta
Software Asset Management or SAM is a business process to enable customers to gain control of their software assets. SAM is the entire infrastructure and processes necessary for the effective management, control and protection of the software assets within an organization, throughout all stages of their lifecycle. SAM is a critical function of any mid-to-large sized organization; however, it is one that is often overlooked. According to Gartner, less than 10% of the global customer base has an effective SAM program in place.
How SAM Can Help You
Take advantage of the business benefits that effective software management can bring to your organization.
SAM eliminates waste, overlap, and duplicate purchases throughout your organization. By optimizing your software assets and streamlining your internal processes, SAM can help you save time and money, improve workflow, and increase your competitiveness as your company grows in size and maturity.
Some of the benefits of SAM are easy to see, such as better control over software price points and better record keeping. Other long-term benefits may not be immediately apparent, but they will manifest themselves over time.
Benefits can include:
• Cost Savings Lower costs that are associated with purchasing and maintaining your software library and IT systems. By capitalizing on overall buying power with vendors and purchasing through single volume licensing contracts, many customers are able to cut costs on the software they purchase. Also, overall cost of operations overtime may go down as your organization becomes streamlined and standardized to optimize tech support requests, network performance, and overall software efficiencies for personnel.
• Risk Management Control business and legal risks related to improper software deployment. You also lower chances of malware when you use your SAM plan to ensure only genuine software is deployed.
• SAM Advantage Stay ahead of the competition through streamlined operations and faster time-to-market.
• Good Governance Achieve and demonstrate compliance with your responsibilities under government legislation, such as Sarbanes-Oxley.
• Disaster Protection Protect your company's valuable software assets in the event of unexpected adversity.