Higher National Diploma Creative Media Production
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 (MQF) HND in Creative Media Production is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits of which 65 credits are mandatory core.
Given the high level of attainment set for the qualification (combined with, one might add, the generally informal and unstructured nature of employment within this sector) it is also considered that a BTEC Higher National in Creative Media Production qualification will enable learners to go straight into employment. This HND is also equivalent to the first two years of a Bachelor Degree and as such HND graduates can follow the relevant top‐up degree to be awarded the relevant BSc degree.
The BTEC Higher Nationals in Creative Media Production have been developed to:
• provide high level training within the general vocational areas of creative media production
• provide opportunities for specialism within the specific vocational areas of moving image production, radio production, journalism, and computer games development and design
• provide learners with the skills, knowledge and understanding needed to gain employment in the media sector or to progress to an appropriate undergraduate degree
• provide learners with a qualification that will enable them to gain employment in the media sector or to progress to an appropriate undergraduate degree
• equip learners with the transferable skills that will enable them to progress and to move within the media sector