About this Course
This three-day instructor-led course teaches students how to implement and manage Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V. It also teaches students how to manage Hyper-V with Solution Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) and with PowerShell
The primary audience for this course is Windows Server 2003/2008 System Administrators who manage and implement Server Virtualization technologies within their network.
The secondary audience for this course is Enterprise System Architects who plan enterprise server resources with an emphasis on server consolidation.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
· Install and configure Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V.
· Understand Hyper-V Virtual Networking.
· Understand the types of Virtual Hard Drives and their benefits.
· Create and manage Virtual Machines on the Hyper-V server.
· Understand how to configure the Hyper-V server to ensure high availability.
· Monitor the performance of the Hyper-V server.
· Understand how to use existing virtual machines in the Hyper-V server.
· Understand the issues with migrating existing Virtual Machines to Hyper-V.
· Understand how System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) can be used to manage Hyper-V servers throughout the enterprise.
· Use PowerShell to manage the Hyper-V server and the virtual machines hosted on the Hyper-V server.
· Implement a disaster recovery plan for Virtual Machines on Hyper-V.