Linux - LPIC-3
Linux Certifications Overview
Linux skills certification
LPI is committed to the development of a global standard in Linux certification. We believe that such a certification program must meet the requirements of both IT professionals and the organizations that would employ them. To achieve this goal we have adopted an open, rigorous, and consultative development process which uses both volunteer and hired resources. Our development process is widely recognized and endorsed and has met the strict requirements of independent certification authorities.
The LPI Certification Program is:
• Designed by a community of Linux professionals, volunteers, vendors and educators
• Challenging: if you don't know the subjects you won't pass
• Accessible and available at thousands of test centres around the world or at special events
• Of high quality: relying on critical input from numerous Linux experts and employing scientific and industry-recognized psychometric processes
• Distribution-neutral: verifying knowledge on any standard Linux system
• Relevant: surveying thousands to determine the skills that need to be tested
• Training-vendor independent: encouraging a variety of methods and approaches to test preparation
• Supported and sponsored by a large number of Linux companies and projects
• A certification the Linux community can respect and be proud of
The Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) program is designed to certify the competency of IT professionals using the Linux operating system and its associated tools. It is designed to be distribution neutral, following the Linux Standard Base and other relevant standards and conventions.
The LPIC program is designed in multiple levels. Determining which tasks were suitable to each level was done using a "Job Task Analysis" (JTA) survey. As with all of the LPIC exam development processes, the JTA was developed and executed using recognized psychometric processes, to ensure its relevance and high quality.
Senior Level Linux Certification
The LPIC-3 Certification program represents the culmination of LPI's Certification Program.
LPIC-3 is designed for the "enterprise-level" Linux professional. The program has been developed with the input of hundreds of Linux professionals from around the globe and with input from some of the world's leading technology companies. It also represents the highest level of professional, distribution-neutral Linux certification within the industry.
Get LPIC-3 Certified